The Victorian Framework
The Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework is designed to advance all children’s learning and development from birth to eight years of age. The Victorian Framework provides early childhood professionals with a common language for describing outcomes for children, and describes practice principles to guide early childhood professionals to work together, with children and with families to achieve the best outcomes for every child.
The Victorian Framework:
- Identifies five Early Years Learning and Development Outcomes for all children
- Children have a strong sense of identity (identity)
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world (community)
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing (wellbeing)
- Children are confident and involved learners (learning)
- Children are effective communicators (communication).
- Identifies Eight Practice Principles for Learning and Development, categorised as Collaborative, Effective and Reflective. The Practice Principles describe the most effective ways for early childhood professionals to work together, with children and with families to facilitate learning and development
Smart Start Centre -
Smart Start Early Learning and Development Centre opened its doors in February 2010. We are committed to providing high quality childcare to all children and their families. We aim to create a learning environment which encompasses an emergent curriculum where children are respected as equal contributors to their learning.
Smart Start ELDC offers child care to children aged 6 weeks to school age, incorporating a preschool program.
The centre is open for 52 weeks of the year, Monday to Friday from 6.30am to 6.30pm, except for public holidays.
Our Purpose Built Rooms
Smart Start Early Learning and Development Centre is a modern climate controlled purpose-built facility with 7 separate children rooms:
|Rowers||6 weeks - 12 months||8 places daily|
|Ripples||12 months - 18 months||8 places daily|
|Streams||12 months - 2 years||12 places daily|
|Oars||18 months - 2 years||16 places daily|
|Trails||2 years - 2.5 years||16 places daily|
|Rivers||2.5 years - 3 1/2 years||30 places daily|
|Preschool||3 1/2 years - 5 years||15 places daily|
Safe & Comfortable Environment
Our large, natural outdoor play space is separated into areas to provide a safe and comfortable environment for all children. All outdoor play spaces have plenty of protection from the sun.
Our industrial kitchen, equipped with state of the art appliances, allows our experienced cook to prepare weekly menus based on the Start Right, Eat Right program.
At smart start we are passionate about developing a nutritional age appropriate menu and can cater to the individual dietary needs of each child.