Social Skills & Attributes
The early childhood years (birth to 6 years) are regarded as the foundation upon which a child's life is constructed. From birth, young children develop socially, emotionally, cognitively and physically, acquiring the knowledge, skills and attitudes essential to their ongoing growth and development to adulthood.
The children's program is developed by our early childhood trained staff and reflects our unique philosophy and commitment to the early childhood industry and local community.
Our OfferingSmart Start Early Learning and Development Centre offers:
- Long Day Care from 6.30am- 6.30pm
- Indoor / Outdoor Programs which focus on Natural Play spaces
- Kinder Program for 4 year olds
The Emergent Curriculum and Play Based program based on children's interests is the basis of Smart Start Early Learning and Development Centre (Smart Start ELDC). This Curriculum is largely based on:
- Interest-based learning (child directed)
- Interests of a child or a group of children
A child's Journey of Learning / Portfolios
Our centre uses Portfolios as a means to create a documental journey of your child's learning and development experiences.
The way the Portfolio method works is:
- Each child, regardless of whether they are 6 weeks or 6 years old, will have an individual Portfolio. The child will be involved and consulted in the content of their Portfolio. Our staff will encourage children to take ownership of their Portfolio, to respect it and it's purpose to create a visual tool to track their journey of learning.
- Families will be encouraged to take their child's Portfolio home regularly and add any feedback or home experiences they would like.
- The kindergarten year is a rich and stimulating experience that provides a range of important opportunities that is not only preparing your child for school but is preparing your child for life.
- Kindergarten (also known as preschool) is a program for children in the year before they start primary school. Children should be aged at least four years by 30 April to access the 4 year old program.
- Smart Start ELDC will be offering a kindergarten program for 4 year old children. Our program is a play based approach that emphasises learning through exploration, investigation and opportunities to practice problem solving, thinking skills such as creativity and lateral thinking.
Fees and Subsidies
- Child Care Benefit (CCB) & 50% Child Care Rebate
- Please note all types of care at Smart Start ELDC will be eligible for both the Child Care Benefit (CCB) and the 50% Child Care Tax Rebate for out-of-pocket expenses.
- For more information on CCB & the 50% Child Care Rebate, please go to the Family Assistance website www.familyassist.gov.au